1. New Zealand on July 10, 2019, became the first World Cup finalist after it beat India by 18 runs in a narrow match at the Old Trafford cricket ground in Manchester.
2. The World Health Organization (WHO) announced that Sri Lanka had successfully eliminated measles. WHO praised Sri Lanka’s achievement in a statement at a time when measles cases were increasing globally.
3. About 80% of the total active population of the agricultural sector is women, out of which 33% are also engaged in the agricultural labor force and 48% as a self-employed farmer. According to Economic Survey 2017-18, increased participation of women in agriculture has increased due to the migration of men in urban areas. The first such census was done in the year 1970-71.
4. Andhra Pradesh CM Jaganmohan Reddy has announced Rs 7 lakh as compensation to families of farmers who committed suicide in the last five years. His government also plans to make a law that ensures that none but the family of the dead farmer gets this compensation.
5. India’s sprinter Dutee Chand creates history by winning a first-ever gold medal in 100m race at World University Games in Naples. She has become first Indian sprinter to win 100m Gold in this race. Dutee Chand clocked 11.32 seconds to win this gold.
6. Kerala Startup Mission (KSUM) is hosting a women startup summit on August 1 in Kochi. KSUM is the nodal agency of the state government for entrepreneurship development and incubation activities in the state.
7. Prasar Bharati signed an MoU with the Indian Institute of Technology, Kanpur on July 11, 2019, for research collaboration in newly emerging technologies and broadcasting-related areas in New Delhi.
8. The Congress has split in Goa with ten Congress MPs from the total 15 joining the BJP in the presence of party working president J P Nadda in New Delhi. The Congress MLAs formally split and merged with BJP on July 10, 2019.
9. The West Bengal government has decided to launch a special drive to fill up vacant posts at different Government departments. The announcement was made by Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee in the state assembly. Over 33,600 posts of different categories are lying vacant in the state.
10. Nepal’s Supreme Court has stayed the government’s move of rolling back its earlier decision to check permitted levels of pesticides in vegetables and fruits imported from India.
11. World Population day is celebrated on 11th July annually to make people aware of the growing population issues and urgency of family planning.
11th July 2019 Current Affairs pdf: Download