1. Indian Air Force (IAF) transport aircraft Antonov AN-32 that took off from Assam’s Jorhat with 13 people onboard on June 3, 2019, went missing over hilly terrain in the Northeast. The wreckage of the same has been located by the IAF at 16 km of North of Lipo at Siang district in Arunachal Pradesh.
2. Canadian Prime Minister Justin Trudeau announced to ban single-use plastics from 2021. The move was undertaken as a global challenge to phase out the plastic bags, plastic straws and plastic cutlery from the world that is blocking the world’s oceans.
3. Prime Minister Narendra Modi became the first world leader to visit Sri Lanka after the serial bombings on Easter that left more than 250 dead. PM Modi was received by Sri Lankan counterpart Ranil Wickremesinghe at the airport.
4. Amitabh Bachchan’s Twitter account was hacked on June 10, 2019, by a Turkish hacker. The hackers replaced Amitabh Bachchan’s display picture with Pakistan’s Prime Minister Imran Khan. Mumbai Police have initiated inquiries into the alleged hacking of actor Amitabh Bachchan’s Twitter account.
5. As per the India Meteorological Department (IMD), cyclone Vayu formed over the east-central Arabian Sea at 11:30 pm on June 10, 2019. It will gain intensity over the next few hours; the wind speed would not go beyond 110-120 km per hour, as per the current forecast.
6. BJP MP from Madhya Pradesh Virendra Kumar will be the pro-tem speaker of the Lok Sabha. He is a seven-term Member of Parliament and won the Lokhas a fractured thumb
7. Shikhar Dhawan was ruled out for about two to three weeks, according to reports with a left thumb fracture. Dhawan, who was part of the playing XI during India’s clash against Australia, was hit by a bouncer in the first innings.
8. Save the Children’s 2019 Global Childhood Report comprises End of Childhood Index that evaluates countries on the wellbeing of children. Save the Children has evaluated countries on eight indicators to determine the wellbeing of children and teenagers (0-19 years). It found Singapore on the top while India’s rank is 113 among 176 countries.
11th June 2019 Current Affairs PDF: Download