Southern Railway Recruitment 2019 – 2020 Notification @ sr.indianrailways.gov.in: Online applications are invited from eligible candidates for engagement as Act Apprentices for imparting training under the Apprentice Act 1961 in the designated trades at various Divisions/Workshops/Units in the jurisdiction of Southern Railway i.e. Tamil Nadu, Kerala, Puducherry, Andhra Pradesh, Karnataka, Lakshadweep, Andaman & Nicobar will be eligible to apply. Applications complete in all respects should be submitted ONLINE till the closing date, by visiting the website www.sr.indianrailways.gov.in. Interested candidates go through the Southern Railway Notification before applying for Southern Railway Job Openings 2020. The Last Date to submit the online application form is 31 December 2019.
Southern Railway Recruitment 2019 – 2020 Notification – Apply online for 3529 Apprentice Posts
Latest Southern Railway Jobs 2019 – 2020 Notification
|Organization Name||Southern Railway|
|Job Category||Central Government Jobs, Railway Jobs|
|Name of Post||Apprentice|
|No. Of Posts||1208|
|Closing Date||31 December 2019|
|Job Location||Tamil Nadu, Kerala, Puducherry, Andhra Pradesh, Karnataka, Lakshadweep, Andaman & Nicobar|
Southern Railway Vacancies 2019 – 2020 – Post Details
Carriage Works, Perambur Unit: 1208 Posts
- Carriage & Wagon Works, Perambur- 80
- Railway Hospital/Perambur (Medical Laboratory Technician)- 20
- Carriage & Wagon Works, Perambur- 384
- Electrical Workshop/Perambur-130
- Loco Works/Perambur- 214
- Engineering Workshop/Arakkonam- 67
- Chennai Division – RS/AJJ- 74
- Chennai Division – RS/AVD- 102
- Chennai Division – RS/TBM- 60
- Chennai Division – DSL/TNP- 9
- Chennai Division – C&W/BBQ- 38
- Chennai Division – RS/RPM- 27
- Railway Hospital/Perambur- 3
Central Workshop, Golden Rock: 667 Posts
- Freshers & ITI Candidates for Central Workshop/ Ponmalai – 308
- ITI Candidates for Tiruchirapalli Division- 259
- ITI Candidates for Madurai Division- 100
Signal & Telecommunication Workshop / Podanur: 1654 Posts
- Fresher Categories- 43
- Signal & Telecommunication Workshop/Podanur, Coimbatore- 52
- Trivandrum Division- 683
- Palghat Division – 666
- Salem Division – 210
Southern Railway Jobs 2019 2020 – Eligibility Details
- Must have passed 10th class examination under 10, +2 system or its equivalent with minimum 50% marks in aggregate.
- Must have passed ITI Course in relevant trades from a recognized institution.
- Must have passed +2 with Physics, Chemistry & Biology (For MLT Only).
- Minimum 50% marks in SSLC not applicable for SC/ST/PwD Candidates
- Candidates with higher qualification viz. Diploma/Degree & Course Completed Act Apprentices are NOT eligible to apply.
Age Limit (as on the date of notification):
- The candidates should have completed 15 years of age and should NOT have completed 22/24 years for Freshers/Ex-ITI, MLT Respectively.
- The Upper age is relaxable by 3 years for OBC, 5 years for SC/ST candidates and 10 Years for Person with Disability (PwD).
Processing fee (Non-Refundable) Rs.100/-.
- The fee is to be paid through ONLINE MODE. No fee is required to be paid by SC/ST/PwD/Women candidates.
The following criteria are prescribed for preparation of merit in the selection: Taking the average of the percentage of marks obtained by the candidates in both Matriculation [with minimum 50% aggregate marks] and ITI examination giving equal weight-age to both. For freshers: The average of marks obtained by the candidates in SSLC / Matriculation.
Standard of Physical Fitness for Training/Medical Examination:
- Selected candidates shall have to bring a Medical certificate at the time of document verification in the prescribed format.
- The Medical certificates should be signed by Government Authorized Doctor (Gaz.), not below the rank of Asst.Surgeon of Central/State Government Hospital.
How to Apply for Southern Railway Vacancy 2020
Candidates should register your details in the Apprenticeship Portal/Website; Apprenticeship.gov.in – Apprenticeship – Candidates Registration and report at concerned units with your Apprenticeship Registration ID.
|Starting date for submission of online application||01 December 2019|
|Close date for submission of online application||31 December 2019|
Southern Railway Apprentice Notification 2019 – 2020 – Important Links:
|Notification for Carriage Works, Perambur||View Notification in pdf|
|Notification for Central Workshop, Golden Rock||View Notification in pdf|
|Notification for Signal & Telecommunication Workshop / Podanur||View Notification in pdf|
|Apply Online||Click Here|